Saturday, March 20, 2010

Knitting websites where you can pull ideas from...

Okay, so I figure that I should let people know some of my favorite websites where I get knitting patterns from. The yarn that goes along with the patterns is also pretty easy to find (is at most major craft stores) and the patterns are pretty basic. They are divided into different levels of difficulty. Find ideas for what you want, email them to me and I will let you know if I can do it (time wise and ability wise). Have a couple of ideas just in case I say that it is too difficult for me to complete.

http://cache.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/patternList.fcgi?tXX=1&s=Knit&l=1

I've always liked this particular website. I found a couple of good patterns on there, including an afghan I made for my friend Audrey for a fundraiser that she was holding for Relay for Life. I am making one similar to it right now for my friend Amy's friend (I said I would make something for somebody - whatever they wanted - and they raffled that off at the fundraiser as well). Once I finish the afghan, I will post a picture of it.

http://www.bernat.com/search.php?pst=k&advps=y

This is another website that I like. I got Chris's sweater from there and the sweater I am making for myself right now is from there too. Same idea as Lion Brand...the yarn is able to be found pretty much anyplace. And like Lion Brand, have a couple of ideas of what you want.

Lion Brand has more of a selection than Bernat FYI. There are other websites out there, but it would be easier to make something from either of these websites because they tell you exactly what type of yarn to use and if you searched for a pattern on the web, you wouldn't get the correct gauge or weight.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails