Friday, March 19, 2010

The Boyfriend Sweater (or Men's Drop Shoulder Sweater)


Oh the Boyfriend Sweater. When I told my friend Lindsay that I was making it for Chris, she informed me of the following curse: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweater_curse.

Well, naturally, I freaked out. You see, the last time I knitted something for someone (my ex-boyfriend), I knitted a scarf. He saw me making it (and didn't know it was for him) and said "I don't like wearing scarfs". I think he wore it twice in the 2.5 years we went out. Well, I had told Chris that I was making this for him to make sure that he actually wear it (given my past experience...I didn't want to take my chances...you know?). Luckily for me he a) said he would and b) said he used to have a sweater like the one I was making.

I guess time will tell if the curse actually exists right? I told him about the pre-knitual agreement and he laughed.

It turned out pretty good though, don't you think?


It's a little large, but that's what dryers are for...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails